You can spread the cost of our course with Interest Free Credit on selected courses**.
£492Amount of credit
£20.5024 monthly payments of
£1,920Amount of credit
£8024 monthly payments of
This is exclusively available for a limited time by calling us on 0800 977 4007 or 01409 220 792.
Health & Safety Training College Limited is registered in England no. 08139656. Lyne Akres, Brandis Corner, Devon, EX22 7YH. Health & Safety Training College is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 774487 and acts as a credit broker and offers finance through the Deko platform, which is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number 720279. Credit is provided to UK residents with a UK bank account, subject to age and status.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
You could start a career in health and safety, or use the skills you gain in
your current or a future role.
Successfully complete our course and:
- You will achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety qualification, the most widely-held health and safety qualification in the UK.
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job.
- You could join an organisation in a health and safety role.
- You will learn the broad requirements of health and safety at work and how to manage risk effectively.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IOSH so you can use the letters ‘AIOSH’ after your name.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IIRSM so you can use the letters ‘AIIRSM’ after your name.
Our course is split into three units:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
Unit GC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
Unit GC3: Practical Assessment
Completion of a health and safety practical assessment and report to management.
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at a regional centre.
NEBOSH ask that you complete the units within 5 years so your skills are relevant to the current legislation.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass two written examinations and a practical assessment.
Examinations are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them*.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this course within 5 years.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification.
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff. To achieve this, many organisations employ their own health and safety advisor.
By successfully completing our course, you could work in health and safety as part of your current role. Alternatively, you could become a health and safety advisor for a smaller organisation that operates in lower-risk environments, or be part of a larger organisation.
You will be qualified to:
- Perform risk assessments
- Advise the organisation on health & safety issues
- Ensure requirements are met
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job
- You could join an organisation in a health and safety role
- Achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate by completing the Management of International Health and Safety (IGC1) (within five years of completing the NGC)
You will also have the recommended skills and knowledge to enrol on our course that leads to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
You do not need previous health and safety knowledge or experience to enrol on this course. NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2 or GCSE or equivalent.
There are two ways you can enrol on this course. You can:
- Pay with a deposit of £85 now, followed by 9 instalments of £50*
- Pay the total course fees in one sum of £535* and also receive a special Gift from our selection – free. Please click here to view the gifts
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.
To enrol by phone, please call our advisors on Freephone 0800 977 4007 or 01409 220 792.
Enrol on our NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course
Enrolling is easy, secure and quick. Please select your preferred way to enrol.
Enrol on our NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health & Safety and National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety courses at the same time
And save £335 on this course. Please select your preferred way to enrol.
* Please click
for National General Certificate
, or click
for National Diploma
NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.