Our course is split into three units:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
Unit NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and control
- Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and control
- Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health – hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at your chosen centre.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass two written examinations and a practical assessment.
Examinations are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them*.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety qualification.
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff. To achieve this, many organisations employ their own health and safety advisor. This is a particularly important role in a construction environment.
By successfully completing our course, you could work in health and safety as part of your current role. Alternatively, you could become a health and safety advisor for a smaller organisation that operates in lower-risk environments, or be part of a larger organisation.
You will be qualified to:
- Perform risk assessments
- Advise the organisation on health & safety issues
- Ensure requirements are met
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job
- You could join an organisation in a general health and safety role
- You could join an organisation within the construction industry in a health and safety role or organizations where the health and safety role includes managing construction related activities and contractors
You will also have the recommended skills and knowledge to enrol on our course that leads to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
No previous health and safety experience is required.
NEBOSH advises that you should have an understanding of the basic practical aspect of the construction industry.
NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2, GCSE or equivalent.
Enrol now from £85
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £535* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £85*, followed by 9 instalments of £50
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.