You can spread the cost of our course with Interest Free Credit on selected courses**.
£1,752Amount of credit
£7324 monthly payments of
£1,920Amount of credit
£8024 monthly payments of
This is exclusively available for a limited time by calling us on 0800 977 4007 or 01409 220 792.
Health & Safety Training College Limited is registered in England no. 08139656. Lyne Akres, Brandis Corner, Devon, EX22 7YH. Health & Safety Training College is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 774487 and acts as a credit broker and offers finance through the Deko platform, which is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number 720279. Credit is provided to UK residents with a UK bank account, subject to age and status.
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is being withdrawn. The National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
is the replacement.
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
This course could lead to senior career opportunities, joining an organisation in a competent person role, or starting your own consultancy.
Successfully complete our course and:
- You will achieve the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification.
- You can improve your career prospects, increase the scope of work you can perform and enhance your earning potential, if you already work in health and safety.
- You could join a company as a higher-qualified health and safety professional with ‘competent person’ status (in an advisor, manager, or consultant role).
- You could start your own consultancy, advising organisations of their health and safety obligations.
- You will gain knowledge on the key health and safety issues so you can advise organisations in line with current legislation.
- You will be eligible to apply to become a Graduate Member of IOSH so you can use the letters ‘Grad IOSH’ after your name.
- You will be eligible to apply to become a Member of the IIRSM so you can use the letters ‘MIIRSM’ after your name.
- You will be eligible to use the letters ‘Dip NEBOSH’ after your name.
Our course is split into four units of study, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit A: Managing health and safety
- Principles of health and safety management
- Principles of health and safety law
- Criminal law
- Civil law
- Loss causation and incident investigation
- Measuring and reviewing health and safety performance
- The assessment and evaluation of risk
- Risk control
- Organisational factors
- Human factors
- The role of the health and safety practitioner
Unit B: Hazardous substances / agents
- Managing occupational health
- Identification, assessment and evaluation of hazardous substances
- The control of hazardous substances
- The monitoring and measuring of hazardous substances
- Biological agents
- Noise and vibration
- Mental ill-health and dealing with violence and aggression at work
- Musculoskeletal risks and controls
- Work environment risks and controls
Unit C: Workplace and work equipment safety
- Workplace welfare requirements and specific workplace issues
- Fire and explosion
- Workplace fire risk assessment
- The storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- Work equipment
- Workplace machinery
- Mobile, lifting, access and work at height equipment
- Electrical safety
- Construction and works of a temporary nature - hazards and controls
- Workplace transport and managing work-related road risk
Unit DNI: Application of health and safety management in the workplace
An assessment must be completed
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at a regional centre.
NEBOSH ask that you complete the units within 5 years so your skills are relevant to the current legislation.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 12-18 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this course within 5 years.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification.
You can contact our experienced tutors by phone, email or Skype throughout your training. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff and that they appoint a ‘competent person’ who is responsible for health and safety.
As this is a higher qualification than both the Award in Heath and Safety at Work and the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, you will be a qualified health and safety professional and could become a ‘competent person’. This could enhance your career prospects at your existing company, help you join an organisation or lead to you starting your own consultancy. You could then:
- Perform high-level reviews and audits
- Investigate health and safety claims
- Advise management teams of health and safety requirements
- Provide on-site inspections
- Perform risk assessments
When you have successfully completed our course you could:
- Improve your career prospects, increase the scope of work you can perform and enhance your earning potential, if you already work in health and safety.
- Join a company as a health and safety professional with ‘competent person’ status (as an advisor, manager, or consultant).
- Start your own health and safety consultancy.