Our course is split into two units:
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and controls associated with the working environment
Unit HSW2: Practical Assessment
You will complete a practical assessment.
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examination at a regional centre.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass a practical assessment and one written examination.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
Examinations are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them*.
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 4-6 weeks1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this course within 2 years.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work qualification.
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
Health and Safety is important as it creates a safer workplace. Our course will help you gain an awareness of the health and safety elements within your existing role.
You will train for a recognised qualification which shows employers you have useful practical skills.
This course is particularly relevant to:
- Team leaders and supervisors
- High level operators/skilled workers
- HR management and staff
- Facilities managers
- Those working with young people in a training environment
When you have successfully completed this course:
You do not need previous health and safety knowledge or experience to enrol on this course.
NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2 or GCSE or equivalent.
Enrol now from £70
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £295* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £70*, followed by 5 instalments of £45
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.