Cookie Consent by
In order to provide you with the best online experience this website uses cookies. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies. More Info

Popular questions

Many people ask similar questions prior to enrolling. The following questions and answers can help you learn more about the Health and Safety Training College and our courses.
You can also contact our advisors on Freephone 0800 977 4007 or 01409 220 792 if you have any other questions or would like more information.

What qualifications can I achieve?

Our courses lead to industry recognised health and safety qualifications.
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work gives you a useful foundation in health and safety.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is the most widely-held health and safety qualification in the UK.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is an internationally recognised health and safety qualification and is aimed at those who work for global companies or work internationally.
The NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is the primary qualification for health and safety practitioners.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) qualification is suitable for people in the construction industry.

Who are NEBOSH?

NEBOSH is the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
Courses at the Heath and Safety Training College lead to:

Can I gain NEBOSH qualifications?

Yes, the Health and Safety Training College only provide courses that lead to NEBOSH qualifications. You can therefore be confident that by training with us, a reputable provider, you will learn useful skills that lead to industry recognised qualifications.

Where can I take my examinations?

Examinations take place at venues across the UK at selected times of the year. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them.

How long does it take to complete your courses?

At the Health and Safety Training College, we aim to make training as flexible as possible.
You have the freedom to start your course as soon as you enrol, then progress at your own pace, fitting your training around any other commitments. Your progress then depends upon how much time you would like to commit to study. As a guide, many learners are able to gain:
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this award within 2 years.
2 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for your chosen qualification within 5 years.
3 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.

What payment options are available for your courses?

You can choose from two payment options:
  • Pay a deposit followed by monthly instalments4
  • or
  • Pay the total course fee in one sum
4 Your certificate will be awarded when you have successfully completed the course and payments.

How do I enrol?

There are two ways you can enrol on our health and safety courses.
  • To enrol by phone, please call Freephone 0800 977 4007 or 01409 220 792 and speak with our course advisors.
  • To enrol online, please click here

Why is there a need for people with health and safety qualifications?

The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff and that they appoint a ‘competent person’ who is responsible for health and safety.

What could I do when I qualify?

Organisations of all sizes and in all sectors could benefit from your skills and knowledge. Depending upon the qualification you gain, you could have a greater awareness of health and safety, expand your career opportunities, join an organisation or start your own health and safety consultancy.
If you choose a career specifically dedicated to health and safety, you could start on around £25,000 - £40,000, with management roles increasing to £60,000+5
This career also gives you the opportunity to work with other talented professionals and to help people. Plus, you’ll enjoy variety in your work – you could:
  • Visit businesses
  • Meet employers and employees
  • Investigate claims and gather evidence
  • Work with scientists and lawyers
5 Source:

How can my CV reflect my new qualification?

Successfully complete one of our courses and we will give you useful advice in CV writing – to help promote the qualifications you achieve and progress your career further.