Our course is split into three units:
Unit IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
Unit GC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
Unit GC3: Practical Assessment
Completion of a health and safety practical assessment and report to management.
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at a regional centre.
NEBOSH ask that you complete the units within 5 years so your skills are relevant to the current legislation.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass two written examinations and a practical assessment.
Examinations are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them*.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this course within 5 years.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety qualification.
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff. To achieve this, many organisations employ their own health and safety advisor.
By successfully completing our course, you could work in health and safety as part of your current role. Alternatively, you could develop your current role to take on international responsibilities, or join an international organization in a dedicated health and safety role.
You will be qualified to:
- Perform risk assessments
- Advise the organisation on health & safety issues
- Ensure requirements are met
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job
- You could develop your current role to take on international responsibilities.
- You could join an international organisation in a dedicated health and safety role.
- Achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate by successfully completing the Management of Health and Safety Unit (NGC1) (within five years of completing the IGC).
You will also have the recommended skills and knowledge to enrol on our course that leads to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2 or GCSE or equivalent or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
Enrol now from £85
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £535* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £85*, followed by 9 instalments of £50
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.