This course leads to an internationally recognised health and safety qualification and is aimed at those who work for global companies or work internationally.
Successfully complete our course and:
- You will achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety qualification.
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job.
- Develop your current role to take on international responsibilities.
- Join an international organisation in a dedicated health and safety role.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IOSH (the biggest health and safety membership organisation in the world) so you can use the letters ‘AIOSH’ after your name.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IIRSM (the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) so you can use the letters ‘AIIRSM’ after your name.
What you will learn
Our course is split into two units:
Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety qualification.
NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2 or GCSE or equivalent or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass one open book examination and a practical assessment.
Examinations are held at selected times. Our tutors can recommend when you should sit them*.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
Working in Health & Safety
The Health & Safety at Work Act demands that every organisation provides safe systems of working for their staff. To achieve this, many organisations employ their own health and safety advisor.
By successfully completing our course, you could work in health and safety as part of your current role. Alternatively, you could develop your current role to take on international responsibilities, or join an international organization in a dedicated health and safety role.
You will be qualified to:
- Perform risk assessments
- Advise the organisation on health & safety issues
- Ensure requirements are met
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job
- You could develop your current role to take on international responsibilities.
- You could join an international organisation in a dedicated health and safety role.
You will also have the recommended skills and knowledge to enrol on our course that leads to the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
How the course works
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at a regional centre.
NEBOSH ask that you complete the units within 5 years so your skills are relevant to the current legislation.
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. NEBOSH ask that you complete the units for this course within 5 years.
Enrol now from £85
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £535* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £85*, followed by 9 instalments of £50
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.